May 11, 2019 | News | No Comments
Microsoft has released the version 15.6.3 of Visual Studio and it contains several fixes some of them for Xamarin.
Visual Studio 2017 15.6.3 – Release note
- Esc keyÂ doesn’t close Peek Definition Window.
wpp.targetsÂ file execution not working after update to version 15.6.
- Project loaded viaÂ File->Open->CMakeÂ throws exception and CMake cache is not generated..
- Version 15.6 update crashes Xamarin code with NullReferenceException with next scenario.
- XCode Tools installation fails after version 15.6 update.
- Anaconda 5.0.0 Completion DB is not up to date and hitting refresh fails.
- Cannot run NUnit tests after version 15.6.1 update.
- Visual Studio 2017 fails to launch from the command line when launched using 8.3 file name path.
- Version 15.6.0 breaks when VisualStudio\\Telemetry\\TurnOffSwitch is set to 0.
- Visual Studio Community 2017 auto closes after version 15.6 update..
- CMake generation never stops after version 15.6.1 update.
- Opening a solution with tests, and clicking any toolbar item in Test Explorer causes VS to crash.
I have highlighted the two bugs for Xamarin that now have been fixed.Those bugs are quite annoying so, especially if you use Xamarin, it’s very important to update Visual Studio to the version 15.6.3 If you want to try the Visual Studio Preview Version, you can find it clicking hereVisual Studio, Xamarin